Tethered drones solutions are critical asset for security operations. The continuous and global aerial view enables long, risk-free and efficient surveillance for both night and day use.
Using tethered drones as a virtual ‘Surveillance Tower’ is a simple and efficient solution for semi-persistent applications, with a serious cost advantage over helicopters or manned aircraft.
UAVs can be tethered to our hovercraft or many ther vehicles for long-term operations in order to cover a large area, remote areas, inland waterways, islands and swamps, for several hours. Compact, lightweight and quick to deploy for a single operator, tethered drones make little noise from a high position, ensuring discreet surveillance.
POD Ops tethered drones systems are best suited for police forces, public safety operations, firefighting, crisis monitoring or military operations.
Tethered Drones Systems
Powered from the ground through our patented micro-tether, connected drones are able to fly for hours, allowing long duration surveillance operations, for day and night missions.
Thanks to the micro-tether, communications are unjammable, immune to interference and enable real-time high-speed data transmission.
Robust and easily transportable, our tethered drones systems are designed for the field. Quick to use and deploy, it is the simplest and most effective solution for persistent aerial surveillance.
Our tethered drones systems are best suited for police forces, public safety operations, firefighting, crisis monitoring or military operations.
We can supply the tether and its control box or a complete integrated package.
In rescue applications particularly with our rescue hovercraft tethered drones are very useful to take over the role of helicopters in that they can fly for a long time in various terrains, weather conditions and remote locations or flooded or disaster zones. If people are spotted the drone can be released or brought down and the hovercraft can make the rescue. This scenario is of course also apllicable to any vehicle.
Tethered Drones Highlights
- Critical Asset for Security Operations
- Continuous & Long-term Global Aerial View
- Risk-Free Efficient Surveillance Night & Day
- Not Defined as Unmanned Aircraft
- Major Cost Advantage over Helicopters
- Major Cost Advantage Manned Aircraft
- Can Be Deployed to Monitor a Large Area
- Compact, Lightweight and Quick To Deploy
- Makes Little Noise from a High Position
- Ensures Discreet Surveillance
- No Need for Trained Pilots to Operate
- Follows Vehicles Wherever They Go
- Disaster Areas, Floods and Storms
- Swamps, Ice, Mud, Wetlands, Desert
- Autonomous Capable
Tethered Drones Uses
- Extended Perimeter Surveillance
- Security at sports events, concerts etc
- Loudspeaker or spotlight in the sky
- “Birds Eye View” for sports events
- Reconnaissance in hazardous/inaccessible environments
- Monitoring event parking lots, junctions.
- Fire or Police incendent zone awareness
- Long range antennas (altitude gain of 100m gives 7 times range)
To find out more please contact us.